Project Description

184 Shepherds bush road was original designed and built in 19155-16 as a motor garage and service depot with a showroom for the Ford Motor Company. The journal The Motor in 1920 described the building as a massive structure of three storeys, designed solely from a utility point of view.  The concrete frame illustrated pioneering approaches to construction and materials technology for this period

The building was originally intended to be five storeys high, however due to the outbreak of the First World War the building and its use was identified by the war office as being vital to the war effort.